[PlanetCCRMA] Supercollider emacs

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:44:09 PDT 2009

Hi,
Thanks for previous info on SC and Emacs.  I have some of it working now on f10.  I tried installing swingOSC per instructions in the swingOSC package, and pointing it to my java by adding lines to sclang.sc;
-----
Add these lines to your .sclang.sc

GUI.swing;
SwingOSC.java = "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java";
SwingOSC.program = ("PREFIX/bin/SwingOSC.jar").standardizePath;
SwingOSC.default.boot;
-----

when I try out a gui example in Emacs I get a "swingOsc server not running" error.  I'm wondering what else I might to do to start swingOSC.
=========
Also I cannot seem to figure out how to get sound from SC to my soundcard.  I read and followed instructions on planetccrma re: soundcards and edited modprobe.conf.dist so that my usb audio card comes up the same (I think), and have gotten audio thru the card with other apps.

Just not sure how to get audio to the usb card from SC and EMACS.  Audio comes out the sound card on the motherboard currently.  I believe I listed the usb_audio as index 1 in modprobe.

...from s = Server.local.boot;

JACK server starting in non-realtime mode
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
Using ALSA driver ICH running on Intel 82801CA-ICH3 with AD1881A at irq 11
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
JackDriver: client name is 'SuperCollider'
JackDriver: connected  system:capture_1 to SuperCollider:in_1
JackDriver: connected  system:capture_2 to SuperCollider:in_2
JackDriver: connected  SuperCollider:out_1 to system:playback_1
JackDriver: connected  SuperCollider:out_2 to system:playback_2
SuperCollider 3 server ready..
JackDriver: max output latency 42.7 ms
notification is on