[PlanetCCRMA] Supercollider emacs

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 8 18:09:01 PDT 2009

Hi,
Thanks for help on sc and emacs.  Seems a swingOSC server is running when started alone.

> What happens if you manually do, in a terminal:
> java -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -jar
> "/usr/share/SuperCollider/SwingOSC/SwingOSC.jar" -t 57111 -L -i -h
> 127.0.0.1:57120

[JCH at localhost ~]$ java -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -jar "/usr/share/SuperCollider/SwingOSC/SwingOSC.jar" -t 57111 -L -i -h
-h option requires address specification! (-h <hostName:port>)
SwingOSC v0.61. receiving TCP at address 127.0.0.1:57111

...but for getting it going with SC with emacs, I'm using a sun jdk with netbeans and eclipse which is in /opt/jdk1.6.0_14/bin, with links to jar, javac, and java in etc/alternatives, paths set in .bashrc, and environ vars pointing to that dir.

Sourceforge.net swingOSC instructions show adding lines to sclang.sc.  How would I go about pointing to a different java with Planetccrma SC-world?

GUI.swing;
SwingOSC.java = "/opt/jdk1.6.0_14/bin/java";
SwingOSC.program = ("/usr/share/SuperCollider/SwingOSC/SwingOSC.jar").standardizePath;
SwingOSC.default.boot;
----
for using usb soundcard with SC and emacs
vers. of qjackctl is:

[JCH at localhost ~]$ rpm -q qjackctl
qjackctl-0.3.4-1.fc10.i386

trying to start qjackctl as normal user gives segfault.

[JCH at localhost ~]$ qjackctl
Segmentation fault

I'm using ccrma rpm jack audio connection kit, but have never been able to get qjackctl to work since doing a clean install of f10 recently, and loosing QT4 rpm, which comes now with it's own installer like netbeans, etc.  I tried compiling qjackctl against the new QT4 libs, but it still did not work, so I uninstalled that attempt.  The vers. above seems to be a fedora one, not the ccrma one, which I do not see anylonger in the rpm list.

Jack starts.  Just trying to use the usb sound card from SC and emacs.