[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA rt PAE kernel, kernel module development environment, FC11

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Fri Aug 14 11:38:45 PDT 2009

Chris-121 wrote:

> Apologies if this is a silly question, Fedora has changed significantly
> since my last experience (Redhat 7 IIRC) -- I don't seem to be able to
> build
> certain proprietary kernel modules after installing the CCRMA rt PAE
> kernel
> ( 2.6.29.6-1.rt23.2.fc11.ccrma.i686.rtPAE).  Are their header or devel
> packages somewhere for this kernel?

Don't know what proprietary kernel module you want but if it is a
common one available from RPM Fusion I would use the akmod, it
just works.  akmods will automatically rebuild the kernel module any
time you boot up a new kernel.  If it is not a common kernel module
you can create your own akmod, then any time Fernando releases a
new kernel, you just load and reboot.  You will need the header files.
Let me know if you want the tutorial on building akmods.

-- Jeff Sandys