[PlanetCCRMA] fc12/11: zita-convolver & jconvolver

Thu Dec 3 13:30:04 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 16:02 -0500, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Hi all, a quick note about an update (available for fc12 and in testing
> > for fc11).
> >
> > The zita-convolver library has been upgraded to version 2.0.0 and has
> > had a non-backwards compatible change. You will need to rebuild any
> > applications you have that depend on it.
> >
> > At the same time Fons has released a new version of jconv, now renamed
> > jconvolver (0.8.4). So if you were using jconv in scripts or anywhere
> > else you will have to adjust the name (and also any reference to the
> > included configuration files which are now in /usr/share/jconvolver
> > instead of /usr/share/jconv). I had to do that for my supercollider
> > driven piano piece...
> >

> Ah, these are both in Fedora (the old versions though). I believe they
> were in the list of migrated packages I sent a couple months ago.
> Now I will have to make a new review request for the name change of
> jconv. *sigh*

Yeah, I know....... I've been through many and it is not fun. The
weirdest has been all the name changes in all the pd related packages.
Some were external and then were incorporated into pd-extended and then
there were external again :-)

> Thanks for updating these packages in PlanetCCRMA, it might take a
> while to get jconvolver back in Fedora.

Yeah, sorry, I missed that they were already Fedorized... it is just
that I try to keep those packages (all the Fons* stuff) very up to date.
I'll do better checking in the future.

> > (I also pushed a newer libsndfile for fc11, good for jconvolver and for
> > newer versions of ardour)
> >

> Thanks once more. The new libsndfile is pushed to stable in Fedora
> too, which means we can build ardour-2.8.4 in F-10 and F-11 now!

Yes, just today I saw them :-)

(I have been running ardour 2.8.4 for a while in-house with that
libsndfile and as jconvolver needed it I decided to just release it -
ironic timing, oh well)

Thanks for all your work...