[PlanetCCRMA] [rt-kernel] dubugging mode?

Sun Dec 6 17:24:14 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 14:48 -0800, Er wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the F12 upgrade I got a warning when starting rt kernel saying :
>
> "the debugging option is turned on in your config, it may increase
> buffer overrun or latency"
>
> Or something like that. Indeed, it does increase my latency a
> lot (if I compare it to the standard kernel)! How can I switch
> it off?
>
> Thanks for your help!

Sorry, that is an option that is built into the kernel at compile time
so it is not possible (AFAIK) to turn it off. I can take a look at it
for the next build (I think it may be coming from the Fedora
configuration files).

How do you determine you have more latency? What are the symptoms? I
don't see a performance hit myself.