[PlanetCCRMA] ams...etc

Mon Dec 21 13:16:21 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 16:07 -0500, Robert Vogel wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 22:59 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 11:33 -0500, Robert Vogel wrote:
> > > I installed Fedora 10 on my quad-core 64 AMD machine, then the Planet
> > > CCRMA package. Mostly, it seems to run well and I am pleased.
> > >
> > > But ... AMS seems to be broken. When I try the first of the demo
> > > applications (bass_advenv.ams) it comes up with a dialog box:
> > >
> > >  'could not find LADSPA plugin "Freeverb Version 3" from library cmt'
> > >
> > > followed by another box
> > >
> > >  'could not find LADSPA plugin "Mvclpf-3 from library "mvclpf24"
> > >
> > > Then, the components appear unconnected on the brown background.
> >
> > Ams needs a bunch of ladspa plugins to do its work. They should have
> > been pulled in as dependencies, I don't know why they are not
> > installed.
> >
> > Do a "yum list ladspa*plugins" and install whatever is not installed
> > from the list (I don't remember which ones are needed). Then try
> > again...
>
> Thank you Fernando for the reply.
>
> Here's what happens when I do the command:
>
> # yum list ladspa*plugins
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Installed Packages
> ladspa-amb-plugins.x86_64                                  0.3.0-2.fc9
> @fedora
> ladspa-blop-plugins.x86_64                                 0.2.8-7.fc9
> @fedora
> ladspa-calf-plugins.x86_64
> 0.0.18.5-2.fc10                                @updates
> ladspa-caps-plugins.x86_64
> 0.4.2-4.fc10                                   @updates
> ladspa-cmt-plugins.x86_64                                  1.16-1.fc10
> @updates
> ladspa-fil-plugins.x86_64
> 0.3.0-1.fc10                                   @updates
> ladspa-mcp-plugins.x86_64
> 1:0.4.0-1.fc9                                  @fedora
> ladspa-nova-plugins.x86_64
> 0.2-1.fc10.ccrma                               @planetccrma
> ladspa-rev-plugins.x86_64                                  0.3.1-4.fc9
> @fedora
> ladspa-swh-plugins.x86_64
> 0.4.15-15.fc10                                 @updates
> ladspa-tap-plugins.x86_64                                  0.7.0-5.fc9
> @fedora
> ladspa-vco-plugins.x86_64                                  0.3.0-6.fc9
> @fedora
> ladspa-vocoder-plugins.x86_64
> 0.3-1.fc10.ccrma                               @planetccrma
>
> It is not clear to me what else is necessary.

It would seem that you have all the ladspa plugins installed (ie: there
are no entries under an "Available" heading). Have you tried any of the
other examples?

I don't know what may be wrong. Do you get any error messages
in /var/log/messages or the output of dmesg when you start ams? (and/or
start ams from a terminal to see if it prints anything that may give you
a clue).

I seem to remember that some ldaspa packages had problems when selinux
was enabled, you may want to disable it to test...

Sorry I can't be more specific, I just don't have the time right now to
try this myself.

-- Fernando