[PlanetCCRMA] [Jack-Devel] Trouble with planet ccrma?

Thu Feb 5 19:05:57 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 17:46 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 15:21 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >  > I am perplexed.  Do you mean that there should be a "mirrorlist=..."
> > > entry in planetccrma.repo?
> >
> > Nope, sorry I was not clear. For now don't use planetupdates, put
> > "enabled=0" in that entry in planetccrma.repo. Just use the regular
> > Fedora update server and its mirrors.
>
> I think you must mean that yum isn't useful for updating material in the
> PlanetCCRMA updates repo, and that it's necessary to check occasionally
> by hand (so to speak) to see if any such RPMs need replacing.

Hmmm, we are all still confused :-)

The planetccrma and planetcore repositories contain all ccrma packages
(both original releases for a new version of Fedora _and_ subsequent
updates). So that is all you need to install Planet CCRMA applications.
If you have those two enabled you should be able to install and upgrade
Planet CCRMA stuff.

I also had/have two other repos, historically named "planetupdates" and
"planetos" (maybe a bad choice - but that was made a long long time ago
when I was packaging for redhat 7, or earlier maybe). Those contain the
Fedora distribution (planetos) and its updates (planetupdates), just a
mirror of the Fedora stuff. Those are absent currently so should be
disabled.