[PlanetCCRMA] Saffire Pro 10 not working on CCRMA/F10 [Solved]

Sat Feb 28 15:37:04 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 14:26 -0700, linux media 4 wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 13:50 -0700, linux media 4 wrote:
> >> Great... Solved!!!
> >>
> >> Pieter Palmers at the ffado list (one of the ffado Developer) helped me
> >> understand the ffado-mixer.

> >> Would you mind if I post a "step by step" for setting up a Forcusrite
> >> Saffire Pro 10 on CCRMA/Fedora10? Or would that be too OT?
>
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Completely on-topic... it would be great!
> > -- Fernando
>
> hehe... great, but you forgot to answer the question about loading the
> raw1394 module at bootup (I need this for the "step by step" post). For
> convenience, I will add it here again...
>
> I see that the raw1394 module doesn't load at bootup or when the
> interface is plugged in. Do I put that in /etc/modprobe.conf to have it
> load at bootup?
>
> I don't have a /etc/modprobe.conf, but if it goes there, do I just
> create it and put...
> raw1394
> ...in the file, and nothing else?

Hmmm, I don't really know what is required...
This is probably a side effect of Fedora dropping the old firewire
stack.

You could try adding (to /etc/modprobe.conf):

alias char-major-171 raw1394

At least in my laptop running fc9 that alias is not part of what
'/sbin/modprobe -c' shows. But most probably something would be required
in the udev rules configuration to create the /dev/raw1394 device?