[PlanetCCRMA] Try to configure Qjackctl, may be bug, etc.

Aznar Jocelyn lejocelyn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:52:40 PST 2009

2009/1/29 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu>:
> A bit old, I would install the newer rt13.4 - I don't remember exactly
> but I think rt13.1 still had problems with midi i/o (it did not work).
> So, first upgrade your rt kernel.
>
> First see if the new kernel changes things.
>
> If the computer is still very very slow it can mean that the processor
> is not fast enough for what you are trying to do. Try with a less
> demanding setting for jack and start it from the command line like this:
>
> /usr/bin/jackd -v -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 48000 -p1024 -n3
>
> There is no need to tweak the priority of the jack process if you are
> using the combination of Planet CCRMA kernel and jackd (and that could
> be the cause of your problems). And 192Khz sampling rate is a bit of
> overkill, start with something lower and work up if you actually need
> it.
>
> Let's see what happens with those settings.
> -- Fernando

Ok, I changed to the new kernel and I started jackd the way you told me.
Well, it seems to work well, as far as I don't stop jackd which would still
slow my computer, but not as slow as it was, my mouse cursor moves
like 2 cm per 5 seconds.

About connecting my digital piano by MIDI to my computer and using
ZynAddSubFx, well, I can play music with ZynAddSubFx but I can't
with my piano. :(

Jocelyn