[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 10 and ice1712

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Jun 5 18:33:44 PDT 2009

There I was... fat, dumb, and happy and then, for some reason, I decided
to try to load Fedora 10.  I got it loaded and now my audio is FUBAR.  I
have a Hoontech DSP 2000 C-Port.  The on board audio is disabled but I
followed the multiple card advice anyway.  The symptoms are weird.  If I
set the master clock in envy24control to anything other than 96000 I get
hissing, crackling, and popping coming out of the speakers.  The only
thing I can get audio from is the S/PDIF inputs (I have a Behringer
V-Amp hooked up via S/PDIF).  No audio from anything else.  All of this
works flawlessly under Fedora 8.  I didn't even load the low latency
kernel.  Anybody have any ideas?

Jan

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to
everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like
saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.'"

Dave Barry