[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt not in bootmenu ?

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 16:40:57 PDT 2009

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install the kernel-rt (not the PAE version) from Planetccrma
> testing on my Fedora 11.
>
> rpm -q kernel-rt and yum list kernel-rt tell me it's installed. But I
> don't see it in /boot/grub/grub.conf and I can't see it and can't
> select it in my boot menu. Anything wrong ?
Check to see if the kernel image file (vmlinuz-2.6.29-blahblahblah-rt)
and its corresponding initrd file and system.map file are present in
/boot, and if they are, you can add the entry yourself. As far as
configuration files go, grub.conf is pretty easy, and if you screw
something up, there's very little danger of permanent damage. Mostly,
mistakes will force you to boot a different kernel or reboot.

David