[PlanetCCRMA] AMD 64/Radeon HD 3300 Video Driver

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:22:05 PDT 2009

> Are you using an xorg.conf or are you doing it the new way that doesn't use
> one? (The move to the xorg.conf-less system is a bit confusing to me so I'm
> not sure where settings are located without it!)

Up until Fedora 7 and then working mainly with FreeBSD before that every
fresh install seemed to have a fight with X windows somehow, so I am no
stranger to those hoops. With Fedora 10 64-bit I completely did a default
install through the GUI totally focused on getting a system going so I could
start doing some music. I made as few choices as I could and once I had F10
up I simple followed Fernando's instructions to install the PlanetCCRMA
repo. I had a false start once because of a network issue that made the
install think it was finished, but had missed somethings. I then did it one
more time and everything just worked. I was so happy that I didn't have to
do anything with X Windows and figure Linux life had become pretty easy. :)
I never knew they had dropped xorg.conf. I just did a 'find / -name
xorg.conf' and these's no xorg.conf file on this on this machne. so I am
doin' it the new-school way. Oh, I had to later get some help directed at me
about rpmfusion, but that isn't needed for getting PlanetCCRMA up.

--Sean