[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt not in bootmenu ?

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun Jun 21 10:29:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:56:18AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 11:16 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> > I have installed both the new PlanettCCRMA kernel-rt and kernel-rtPAE
> > versions on my Fedora 11 EeePC. Installation looks fine, and the
> > grub bootmenu shows the differnt newly installed kernels to choose from.
> >
> > But after that my screen goes black, and nothing happens. Or maybe
> > something happens but I can't see it.
> >

> Of the rt kernels, which version works and which version fails? (not
> that I can really really do much about it...)

On my Fedora 11 powered EeePC I have:

kernel-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i586
kernel-rt-2.6.29.5-1.rt21.1.fc11.ccrma.i586
kernel-rtPAE-2.6.29.5-1.rt21.1.fc11.ccrma.i686

Both rt versions fail. Is it possible, using yum, to re-install the
previous released fc11.ccrma kernel-rtPAE version ? That one was running
ok.

> You could edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and change some stuff, to better
> select the kernel you are about to boot you could increase the timeout.
> Then to see what is going on you can either press the escape key right
> after you select the boot kernel, or you can remove the "rhgb quiet"
> part of the kernel boot line in grub.conf - that should show you the
> kernel messages as the machine tries to boot...

That helps. I can now see a last message before my screen goes black.
The problem seems to be in this error message:

"EXT2-fs: dm-0: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features
(240)."

I have no idea what this means. But it doesn't look very good.
It only happens on my EeePC. On my other laptop I have installed the
latest fc10.ccrma kernel-rt version from the testing repo and it works
fine.

--

Martin