[PlanetCCRMA] MC-808 in Jack - Not recognized

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:20:09 PDT 2009

Hi, NexxuSix.

I Think you are describing the exact same thing that is happening to me when
I try to use the Windows editor for the Korg X50. It also has a special
driver that used to not install, but after the last wine updates came down
the installer didn't  error out. However, the Editor doesn't find the X50
plugged in through a USB port still. It looks to run ok, but then locks up
and it must be because it can't find it as a device as you describe. It
works find through the seq midi driver as well as just something to through
midi data at, however. Now, that you have helped me see what is going on
here with another external USB device that uses a special USB driver it
might be good for both of use to report this on Wine's sight as a bug
report. I noticed in the Wine Configuration ALSA has midi and wave ports,
but Jack only has wave ports. Do you get any deferent behavior if you do or
don't use Driver Emulation?

Very good question you have. I hope someone has some insight into it.

--Sean