[PlanetCCRMA] usb audio interface comparisons

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:28:36 PDT 2009

Hey All,

I'm setting up a laptop audio workstation for the first time and was
wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the usb audio interfaces.  I've been
using Fredora + CCRMA for a numbers of years with M-Audio delta cards on my
desktop machine.  The two USB interfaces I'm currently considering are:

M-Audio Fast Track Pro (and/or Ultra)
Edirol UA-100

I have gathered from other postings that the Fast Track will work.  Can
anyone report success using the Edirol UA-100 with Linux/CCRMA?

Also, any other suggestions for cards I should be looking at?

Thanks a lot,
Francis