[PlanetCCRMA] akmods planetccrma

Ken Ellinwood kellinwood at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 23:11:06 PDT 2009

Juan,

Enable the RPM Fusion repo if you haven't already and install kmod-fglrx in order to get the required dependencies, xorg-x11-drv-fglrx and xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-libs.  This might be best done while running under the stock Fedora kernel.

Go to the RPM Fusion website and download the source rpm whose version matches the installed kernel module.  Install the source: sudo rpm -i fglrx-kmod-9.3-1.fc9.src.rpm.  This results in  /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE/fglrx-kmod-data-9.3.tar.bz2, which should be extracted in place.

Now boot into the RT kernel, console mode (run level 3)

cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/fglrx
cp ./arch/x86/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/libfglrx_ip.a.GCC4 common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/.
cd common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
edit firegl_public.c and change the text string on line 228 to "GPL"
,/make.sh
cd ..
./make_install.sh

During the next reboot, the /etc/init.d/fglrx will attempt to update xorg.conf to use the driver but will fail because it doesn't look for the driver in the location it was actually installed.  So the init script needs to be updated to expect the driver in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.ko.  Make this change and then reboot.

Thats it.  Hope it helps.

Ken