[PlanetCCRMA] Those Edirol USB Midi Interfaces

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Fri May 8 05:36:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Sean Beeson <seanbeeson at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI list,
>
> Because the simple Edirol UM-1x USB Midi Interface has always just
> worked under Fedora for a few versions right out of the box for me, I
> am thinking most of the Edirol and the Cakewalk(made by Roland =
> Edirol) USB interfaces are going to work. It seems to be a safe
> assumption, but I am just curious if anyone has had any trouble with
> any of them with more than one MIDI in/out port. I am mainly looking
> at the Edirol UM-3EX and the Cakewalk/Roland UM-3G.

To acknowledge that ALSA's current list of supported devices is most
likely correct, The Roland MIDI Interface UM-3EX is supported and
works as advertised on ALSA's list. The UM-3G is not supported and
does not work as of the writing of this email. luckily, I had access
to both to test them. the UM-3G looks just like the UM-3EX other than
it's color and provides the exact same functionality. I just thought I
should mention this, if someone should come across this thread and
would like to know a little more definitively.

--Sean