[PlanetCCRMA] slv2-examples

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Mon May 11 03:26:01 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 03:53:50PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> > Another question: I want to give zyn and zynjacku a first try, but can
> > find very little info on how to use it for first time users. The info I
> > can find is more for developers and programmers.
> >
> > How do I load zyn, how do I connect it to my MIDI keyboard or vkeybd
> > (using qjackctl ?). Help ?

> If you are looking for lv2 plugins, do a
> yum search lv2

I found the calf plugins. No more (yet?)

> PS: Also I'd recommend zynjacku package (already in official Fedora
> repo) which contains lv2rack which is a rack for lv2 plugins.

Yes, I found these too.

But my other question still remains: How do I use all this stuff ?
If I start zynjacku it tries to find plugins on the internet. I dont
know how to load plugins that I have downloaded (I want to try zyn) and
that should now be somewhere on my harddisk. I have set LV2_PATH to
/usr/lib/slv2. What next ?

I have used DSSI and LADSPA plugins with ams, audacity, and rosegarden4.
And I even found many free VST plugins that actually work with dssi-vst.
But LV2 still looks like something for the future ? Or can I really use
it already today ?

--

Martin