[PlanetCCRMA] [Fluidsynth] How to select some arbitrary instrument in a soundfont?

Thomas Baruchel baruchel at zenbe.com
Mon May 11 11:59:07 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM "Martin Tarenskeen" <m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > The easiest way was to pipe the MIDI file through a tiny script before
> > sending it to fluidsynth and to add at the beginning of the channel a
> > "program change" event.
>
> With timidity this can be accomplished using the --force-program=xxx
> option.

You are right; this is a good thing to know. Finally I could add the program event in the initial producing stage; so I can do it with fluidsynth. Anyway I will try timidity. I like fluidsynth which is a small and handy tool, but I am sure that timidity is more powerful. Best regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel