[PlanetCCRMA] Mixer Wowes

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Sat May 16 14:13:05 PDT 2009

David Timms wrote:

 > ps. it's sort of poor list etiquete to set the reply to address of
mail to lists to yourself only. If you are willing to put your queries
in public, it makes sense that all readers of the list should get
replies to your thread. So I adjust the to back to f-m-l and cc yourself.

I have no idea what you are talking about, and I didn't change anything
having to do with "reply-to" settings. I use Gmane to for all of my
lists, so everything I send to a Gmane newsgroup gets sent to all
mailing list members no matter what.

http://gmane.org/

I have been sending all of my replies to both the Planet CCRMA "list"
and the Fedora Music "list" (via Gmane) in order to get input from all
thinkers on the subject. If you missed a message, then you aren't
subscribed to both lists. However, I still quote what was said, so you
should be able to get the point. If you choose not to reply to both
lists when you respond to one of my messages, that is your choice.
Personally, I hate mailing lists, and I think it makes a lot more sense
to put this stuff on newsgroups, especially high-volume things like the
general Fedora list, rather than pumping up one's inbox (especially when
that inbox has a quota) with messages of which 25-95% of which I don't
read, depending on the list.

Peace,
William