[PlanetCCRMA] another qjackctl question: ssh GUI's interfere with one another

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat May 16 15:35:15 PDT 2009

Chris Chafe wrote:
> I've previously been able to run multiple qjackctl GUI instances on one
> host, each corresponding on a different machine. For the remotes, I do
> it by launching qjackctl on an ssh terminal and exporting the X
> interface to my local host.
>
> As of 0.3.4 I get odd behavior, the most recent GUI instance becomes the
> GUI for the next one I launch, rather than it creating its own.
>
> Must be a setting that I'm missing that's needed in the current version.

you can only have one qjackctl instance running against one X server.

however, being there one possible workaround, you can have multiple
instances, each controlling its own JACK server name  you tell via the
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER environment variable.

eg. on each terminal, maybe you can have it like this:

  export JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER=<remotehost>
  ssh -X <remotehost> "export DISPLAY=<localhost>:0; qjackctl"

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org