[PlanetCCRMA] [Fedora-music-list] about the Fedora Studio idea

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 17 02:33:45 PDT 2009

Uhm, sorry, I was confused by this message being in PlanetCCRMA list,
so I was not fully aware of the context.

Are you discussing a menu layout for Planet, or for a brand new
introduction-level distro (Fedora Studio?) with a bunch of software
preinstalled? In the latter case I agree that menu categorization of
lots of preinstalled software is important for users new to Linux.

My point was that for a experienced user that only installs the
software she knows she is going to use a complex hierarchical menu can
be more an annoyance than actual help.

Anyway, my point about multiple menu entries for one single app still
applies, one piece of software could have an entry in a flat
alphabetical list and another couple of them under different
categories.

Cheers,