[PlanetCCRMA] jackdmp port limit problem

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:21:49 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems when trying to open an Ardour project that
contains over 100 tracks using Fedora 10 + CCRMA. This project used to
open fine under OpenSuse and using Jack 0.116 by changing the "Port
Maximum" setting in Qjackctl to 1024. I've tried doing the same thing
but I keep getting an error message from Ardour saying that I have to
increase the port number even though I increased the port maximum in
Qjackctl (and yes, restarted Jack). Also I get an error message in the
Messages window of Qjackctl saying: 'Maximum number of output ports is
reached for application ref = 4".

Is this due to differences in how the maximum port number is set in Jackdmp?

Thanks,

Hector