[PlanetCCRMA] Some question about Pd

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Tue May 26 06:47:12 PDT 2009

Thank's:

=>Jeff: Well, I saw this 0.41version for F9, I didn't know it was
working on F10... I'll try
=>Fernando:

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano a écrit :
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 09:21 +0200, Raphael Raccuia wrote:
>
>> Thank you...

>>> becaue nando is very busy and packaging pd is a pain.
>>>
>> ok...
>>

> I was working on a new version but I constantly get interrupted with
> "more important things" I have to do before I can finish :-) ...
>
> It is actually a pain. I was getting closer on the last iteration.

no problem, we can be patient... thank you for your great work!

>>> I think it's a feature of newer version of pd-extended (>0.40?)
>>>
>> I thought the packagers was doing that...
>>

> I don't even think there is a completely standard way of loading them.
> And you probably would not want _all_ of them always loaded on startup
> (memory/cpu usage perhaps?). And individual packages would not be able
> to automagically add library loading commands when installed (or remove
> them when uninstalled). As far as I can tell pd is not designed with
> packaging in mind :-)

Yes, this sounds logic! I just learned that loading too many libraries
could make pd slower... for example I didn't load Gem and other
graphical libs, as I don't use them... This lib's package-system is
actually a really good solution. It's just boring to load them one by
one, even more because 0.39 has limited number of loadable libs with the
GUI (have to enter in .pdsettings to add more).
cheers
bk