[PlanetCCRMA] slv2-examples

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Wed May 27 01:32:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 05:27:52PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> I just submitted the latest release (slv2-0.6.6) to Fedora's
> updates-testing (F-10 & F-11). This time I added the
> obsoletes/provides to slv2-examples. I know it is a little bit late
> but it may still help some folks.

It could well be that lv2 will be very important in the (near) future.
But LADSPA and DSSI work well with the applications I am using TODAY.

That's why I think some DSSI packages in Fedora are worth an update:
new upstream versions are available for
dssi (1.0)
fluidsynth-dssi (1.0)
dssi-vst (0.8)
whysynth-dssi (20090403)
hexter-dssi (0.6.2)

I'm using home-built versions of these apps and they seem to work well.
But an official Fedora update would make me feel even more happy :-) I
also have some older DSSI synths like wsynth and xsynth running nicely
on my fedora 10 / planetCCRMA system. And I have a really nice
collection of free VST plugins that work without problems with dssi-vst.
The zynadd plugin can't compete with my DSSI and VST synths collection
yet. Some people already call DSSI "deprecated". For me this is
definitely not true. DSSI is not dead yet!

--

Martin