[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel-rt support for Ndiswrapper broken

Timo Sivula timo.sivula at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:27:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

with high hopes I installed the new kernel
(2.6.26.8-1.rt16.1.fc10.ccrma.i686.rt) and associated development
packages. Unfortunately I still have the same trouble as with the
earlier versions. Support for Ndiswrapper is broken.

Ndiswrapper 1.54 compiles nicely and the module installs as should.
After a reboot network comes up and the WLAN connection works as
expected.

The trouble starts when I start my internet radio. After about ten
seconds of streaming audio the WLAN connection dies and the only way to
resurrect it is to reload the ndiswrapper module and restart network
service. With occasional packets transferred back and forth like in
average network surfing this problem does not appear. Streaming is
impossible.

Used software:

FC10 (2.6.26.8-1.rt16.1.fc10.ccrma.i686.rt
Ndiswrapper 1.54
Auqualung
Rhythmbox

HW: