[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 12 support (coming?)

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Thu Nov 19 11:58:51 PST 2009

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Hey, many might have noticed that:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/
> now points to Fedora 12 as the latest version :-)
>
> You have been warned! As with new versions of anything I'd wait before
> installing the latest shinny object in a computer you need (see below
> for more details).
>
> So here's what I can offer right now:
> - installing planetccrma-repo will point to your planetary repositories
> - there is a planetccrma-core package you can install:
>
> You can see what's there here:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/12/i386/repoview/
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/12/i386/repoview/
> (replace i386 by x86_64 for the 64 bit links)
>
> BUT
>
> My first tests of fc12 indicate a bit of instability, as is to be
> expected in a new release.
>
> DO READ the release notes:
>   http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/en-US/html/
>
> and specially the most common bugs:
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs

> Enjoy (if you can)!
> -- Fernando

Fernando,
Thanks for your efforts to keep Planet CCRMA up to date.

Have you thought of building a Koji system to auto build all the
Planet CCRMA packages?

It could be set up to use Rawhide during the fedora development
and might easy the amount effort required for each new release,
(after the huge effort setting up a Koji server the first time).
And it might help in encouraging some of the CCRMA packages
that meet fedora's license requirements to migrate to 'core'.

Let me know how I can help, though I'm more of a user than
a developer.
-- Jeff Sandys