[PlanetCCRMA] Trying out Fedora 12

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 20:35:23 PST 2009

Holy !@#$!!! I thought Yum was slow before, but now it is downright
insufferable! I told it to install the ugly gstreamer plugins FORTY
MINUTES AGO and it's still going!! (While I've been waiting, I filed bug
#539802 against it.)

What I'm really writing about: I installed the kernel-rt from the CCRMA
repo, and it did not create its own entry in grub.conf; is anyone else
experiencing this? Did I do something wrong?

Does the CCRMA -rt kernel support booting from ext4? I tried booting it
from the Grub command line and got an error that my / partition couldn't
be mounted. I'm not sure if I've made a mistake, and I'm too busy
waiting for !@$% yum to make another attempt.

David Nielson