[PlanetCCRMA] The JACK Story

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 22 20:15:37 PST 2009

David Ford wrote:
> Hi Guys
> In the middle of all this technical discussion can I add a plea from
> users of 'older hardware'? I'm running PCCRMA on a 2.6GH single core
> box and an IBM T23 1.13GH laptop, I wouldn't like to find that I can't
> use Jack any more - just as Jack has finally managed to overcome the
> Pulseaudio scourge and we are getting more and more applications with
> Jack connections.

I will second that!!  I'm also on an Intel single core, using an older
kernel (2.6.23.17), and will be upset if I get left behind by an upgrade.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be done, but it's a start:
http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
						- [Friedrich Nietzsche]