[PlanetCCRMA] setting up new system with Delta 1010LT + Intel HDA

Tue Nov 24 13:26:36 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 09:57 -0800, Bruce Elliott wrote:
> WHOA!!  I've got sound!! - and  a big grin on my face.  This is the
> first time I've used anything other than plain vanilla Linux sound, so
> I'm all excited - Thanks, Fernando!!  Now the really fun part starts.
>
> I'm still getting no sound from things like Firefox plugins, but I'll
> go to a generic Linux forum to try and solve that - at least the
> "serious" stuff seems to be working.

Good to know.

You can't use jack and have firefox doing stuff in the same soundcard
(there's a trick for that of course :-)

Desktop sounds, firefox and others use Pulse Audio for sound. So to try
that first stop jack. You have to see which card Pulse Audio is using.
In fc10 I _think_ that was pavucontrol (there might be a problem with
pulseaudio recognizing the 1010lt in fc10). See what that shows...