[PlanetCCRMA] setting up new system with Delta 1010LT + Intel HDA

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 24 19:52:15 PST 2009

Hello Bruce,

May I suggest that you install Fedora 11.  Then go to the Fedora home page and join the forum.  A lot of installation problems are handled there.  I'm on the Windows laptop now and can't confirm the exact places, but look for the HowTo from Danger Mouse.  He has a site where you can add all sorts of non-free applications (like a complete MPlayer setup, Flash Player for Firefox, etc.).  Danger Mouse has worked out all the issues.  You simply select what you want from his list and then his script pulls everything in (including any needed repositories) and installs it.  You may have to reboot.  Then the function/program  is good to go.

Then check the archives of this list to see exactly what you need to do to add the PlanetCCRMA Fedora 11 repository.  Fernando told me how to do it a few months ago.  I think I may have just used the Fedora 10 file path, changed all references to Fedora 11, and got into the repository.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but that should give you some pointers.  For myself on Fedora 10, I loaded up everything ALSA with that one exception of Do Not load the ALSA-Pulse connection package, then removed everything that was PulseAudio that I could.  But as I said in the prior post, Fedora 11, ALSA, and PulseAudio seem to playing nice with each other.  So start working with Fedora 11 since it won't be that much longer before Fedora 10 is no longer actively supported.  (Fedora only actively supports the most recent 3 versions.)

Good Luck,
Stephen.