[PlanetCCRMA] dssi and vst plugins

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Tue Nov 24 23:41:16 PST 2009

Hi,

I have installed Fedora 12 and PlanetCCRMA. After backing up my F12 home
stuff, I did a clean install. After that I restored my old home directory.

Most things seem to work nicely.

But I'm having trouble with dssi plugins and (using dssi-vst) vst plugins
that used to work fine under F11.

- If I start rosegarden I can see my VST plugins in the plugin menu. But
if click on "edit" rosegarden crashes.
- Same thing with dssi plugins in rosegarden.
- dssi plugins work fine if started as standalone application.
- I can't start VST plugins using soemthing like:
 	jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so This_VST_Plugin_Used_To_Work_In_F11.dll

It could be that I screwed up my configuration somewhere between F11 and
F12. But maybe others who are testing F12 can check dssi and/or vst plugin
behaviour. I would like to know if it is an F12/ccrma problem or just my
problem.

--

Martin Tarenskeen