[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Modular Synth, amsynth

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Wed Nov 25 12:40:04 PST 2009

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 08:59 +0100, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not all packages have been (re-)built for PlanetCCRMA.
>
> Is this for fc12?

>> Another one: Alsa Modular Synth (ams), new upstream version 2.0.0.
>> If there are plans to rebuild it, check out the new upstream version.
>
> Big rebuild for fc12 happening over the last couple of days (I finally
> upgraded/unleashed by automatic rebuild script).
>
> I'm working on ams 2.0.0, will give the newer amsynth a try again.
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> -- Fernando

The ams 2.0.0 fc10 rpm from sourceforge works fine.

Another package that has had a few revisions is Bristol Synth
(40.7 released the 22nd).  I've been trying to build a simple
GUI launcher for Bristol so you don't have to have the dozens
of items in the menu tree.  Related to that;

How do you ask Jack what the current sample rates are so that
the Bristol synth will match?

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys