[PlanetCCRMA] Planet-core kernel on Macbook Pro

Wed Oct 7 10:00:00 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 15:27 +0100, earthworm at planetearthworm.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed the CCRMA kernel on my Macbook Pro on the latest Fedora,
> and when I boot into it, the screen is full of black with a giant white
> blob for a mouse pointer.
>
> Is there anything I can do about this? It worked fine with the standard
> kernel.

Most probably there's nothing you can do, sorry. The rt kernel does not
include some of the patches that are part of the stock Fedora kernel
packages, one set is the one that patches the video driver... so most
probably (just guessing) one of those patches is what enables you to use
your Mac video chipset...

I have not had time to even look at those patches, I just know that they
don't patch cleanly on top of rt + the vanilla kernel, so I left them
out.