[PlanetCCRMA] realtime not working on fc11 ?

Sat Sep 5 16:25:23 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 23:08 +0200, Felix Pfeifer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i recently installed FC11 and tried to start jackd with qjackctl.
> I get many dropouts and seem to have no permission to
> acquire realtime for jack. My user-account is in all pulse* groups
> and in group audio. I did not install pulse - do i have to???

Nope.

> All works fine under FC10. Any ideas? Here is (part of) the output of qjackctl:

> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 89

Why 89? That is certainly not the default.

> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|128|4|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|16bit
> Using ALSA driver HDA-Intel running on HDA Intel at 0xffe00000 irq 16
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 128 frames (2.9 ms), buffer = 4 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 4 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 4 periods for playback
> 22:56:14.315 Schaubild der ALSA-Verbindungen geändert.
> port created: Midi-Through:midi/playback_1
> port created: Midi-Through:midi/capture_1
> Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/89)(1: Operation not permitted)
> AcquireRealTime error

What version of jack do you have installed?
"rpm -q jack-audio-connection-kit" to find out...

If it is the Planet CCRMA version it should have automatically set
things up for realtime access. See what you have at the end
of /etc/security/limits.conf