[PlanetCCRMA] FC10/Ardour/Mouse Scroll Wheel Problem

Jay Stanley beansboy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 15:46:56 PDT 2009

I have seen in more recent window managers (ie gnome), that when your focus is on the desktop itself, the scroll-wheel is bound to a command to cause the window manager to switch you to the next 'screen'.  In other words, your applications are not disappearing, you have moved your view to a screen in which there are no applications running/showing.

Unlike standard M$ windows, the gnome window manager provides you from 2 to however many you like separate screens.  At the bottom of your screen you may see a little icon on the right which represents where you are in your list of screens.  You can click on the screen that you like to move around.

It should be possible to disable this scroll-wheel key binding; however, when I look at System/Preferences/Keyboard shortcuts or ./Mouse, I don't see any options to change this.

Hope this helps..
-jay