[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-tools

Len lenb_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 19:02:45 PDT 2009

--- On Tue, 9/22/09, Len <lenb_99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: Len <lenb_99 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] alsa-tools
> To: planetccrma at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
> Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 6:55 PM
> I recently re-installed PlanetCCRMA
> on F10, and when I try to launch echomixer (to control Echo
> Audio Layla24 interface) I get:
>
> 'Cannot find the font'
>
> I ran this down several months ago and it was needing some
> font for one of the toolkits like tk or fltk or something -
> I seem to remember some X-related lib maybe?  Now I
> can't seem to find a solution.  I installed
> planetccrma-apps to be sure that I had everything but no
> go.  Any ideas?

To update my previous post, there's this section in echomixer.c :

  gtk_init(&argc, &argv);
  fnt=gdk_font_load("-misc-fixed-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*");
  if (!fnt) {
    printf("Cannot find the font\n");
    exit(1);
  }

Does anybody know what specific gtk app/toolkit this would relate to?  I have installed gtk+, gtk+devel, gtk+extra, gtk+extra-devel, gtk2, gtk2-devel, etc...   The font name in the gdk_font_load looks like an X font.

Ah!  Got it.  Had to install xorg-x11-fonts-misc.

Nevermind...   If anybody else runs into this problem, that's the fix.

Fernando, would it make sense to add xorg-x11-fonts-misc as a planetccrma-apps metapackage dependency?  Just a thought.