[PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host

Len lenb_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 11:36:55 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 12/7/10, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host
To: "Len" <lenb_99 at yahoo.com>
Cc: planetccrma at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 2:33 PM

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Len wrote:
> Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know how to keep Network Manager from re-writing /etc/hosts on each reboot?  The gui for dssi clients (hexter, fluidsynth-dssi, etc) will only appear if the hostname is associated with localhost in /etc/hosts, but nm keeps modifying the file and overwriting my changes.

I disabled IPv6 for my device in system-config-network, and now I
don't have this problem anymore. The ipv6 line is still in /etc/hosts
but my DSSI plugins work.

You can also modify NetworkManager configuration by hand at

devices/ifcfg-ethX
profiles/default/ifcfg-ethX

where X is your device number.

Orcan

Great, thanks Orcan.  It helps knowing where to look...

Len