[PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 7 17:02:45 PST 2010

S C Rigler wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Len <lenb_99 at yahoo.com
> <mailto:lenb_99 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     --- On *Tue, 12/7/10, Orcan Ogetbil /<oget.fedora at gmail.com
>     <mailto:oget.fedora at gmail.com>>/* wrote:
>     No such luck here.  As long as that line exists in /etc/hosts,
>     regardless of where in the file it occurs, it prevents the dssi
>     gui from appearing.
>
>     Guess I'm stuck with editing the hosts file each time, like Steve
>     said.
>
>     Still, there must be a better solution...
>

> I just checked and what works for me is blacklisting the ipv6 module
> by adding "blacklist ipv6" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf.  My
> plugins work and audacity complains about "socket(): Address family
> not supported by protocol" a few times but does start eventually.
>
> --Steve

Why are these HUIs and programs even concerned about IPV6?  Why does
IPV6 choke them and not IPV4?  Why is networking required for audio-only
applications?  If netjack compatibility is the issue, shouldn't that be
handled by netjack anyway?

Secondly, what is going to happen shortly (if you believe ICANN) and we
are forced to start using IPV6? (I shudder at THAT thought!)

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be done, but it's a start:
http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
						- [Friedrich Nietzsche]