[PlanetCCRMA] Major problem / confusion

Len lenb_99 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 05:46:02 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 12/9/10, Donald Steven <t6sn7gt at aim.com> wrote:

From: Donald Steven <t6sn7gt at aim.com>
Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Major problem / confusion
To: PlanetCCRMA at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 6:21 AM

I recently rebuilt my computer, moving to 64-bits from 32.  I've
installed F13, the CCRMA core and my favorite apps.  I now can't get
jack to work, and of course no apps that need it.  In fact, with pd
installed, I now have two jacks (one 686 and one 64-bit) and one
qjackctl.  Nothing works.  Do I just again from scratch?  Any idea what
I did wrong?  Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer.

Don
Don -

Any chance you are using audio that is integrated into the motherboard of this new computer?  My new motherboard/audio interface requires that something be plugged into whatever jack you want to use before that part of the (analog) audio interface is activated.  For example, I only had a cable hooked up to the output and so could only start Jack in 'Output-only' mode, since nothing was plugged in to the Input - Jack would throw lots of error messages and finally fail to connect if I tried to start it in 'Duplex' mode.  The digital (S/PDIF) interface doesn't seem to behave that way, however.  Still need to do more testing here...

Len