[PlanetCCRMA] Major problem / confusion

Thu Dec 9 10:59:01 PST 2010

On 12/09/2010 06:01 AM, Donald Steven wrote:
> I don't think that's the problem.  I have an RME board and have
> blacklisted the sound from a Radeon graphics board.  I've got sound
> and everything works on Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, etc.

Hmm, what are the symptoms? What is that jackd prints when you try to
start it? It is very difficult to say what might be wrong without that...

For example, in a terminal type:

   jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0
(assuming hw:0 is your RME card)

What do you see in the output of "cat /proc/asound/cards" and "cat
/proc/asound/devices"?

-- Fernando