[PlanetCCRMA] RT kernel + Nvidia

Sun Dec 26 17:08:13 PST 2010

On 12/26/2010 06:43 AM, Er wrote:
> Hi everyone and merry Xmas to y'all!
>
> The long awaited RT kernel is finally here! And I must thank you
> Fernando for this and all your tremendous work!
>
> My CCRMA 14 system works very well save for the rt kernel, that won't
> work with those hideous nvidia drivers :(
> (It was also impossible in the 13th release)
>
> I've tried to install then from the Nvidia script and I got this :
> http://pastebin.com/0krCKQUy
>
> Has anyone successfully installed the nvidia drivers alongside to the rt
> kernel?
> If so, I'd be delighted to know how!!
> If not... the vanilla kernel, ain't that bad after all... ;-)

I had an akmod-nvidia package available on the fc13 planetcore-testing
repository (it builds the binary modules on demand when the machine
reboots - you do have to have the -devel package installed for the
kernel for this to work). For rt kernels there is a patch you need to add...

I see there is a new version of the kmod-nvidia packages from romfusion
available... I'll build rt compatible packages for both fc13 and fc14
(but I can only test on fc13)...