[PlanetCCRMA] FC14

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 28 12:38:43 PST 2010

Hi Nando!,

> What error do you get?

This has to do with a fresh Jack package I built as per Orcan
suggestions few weeks ago [1].

I built jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.6-2 from Fedora 14, although I am
running Fedora 13. This was done because my previous version of Jack had
problems recognizing ffado outputs, and was only able to recognize
inputs.

I didn't change anything on the spec file, and the package built went
fine.

You are right, the error I get is that Jack complains about not having
correct permissions but I checked on the groups' permissions and members
in particular Jack, audio, followed your instructions on other threads,
but still I was not able to get the 'realtime' switch on Jack working.

This only happens while trying to run my version of Jack with ffado on
PlanetCCRMA's rt Kernel (2.6.33.6-147.2.4.rt28.1.fc13.ccrma ). I suppose
I got spoiled with previous versions of Jack that will toggle these
options automatically and sure, I was hoping for a new version of Jack
that will come with planetcore.

Sorry I haven't had time to test with later Kernels and right now I
don't have a firewire interface on hand.

  Thanks a lot,

  --* Juan

[1]http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2010-November/017343.html