[PlanetCCRMA] source tree

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 12 11:45:11 PST 2010

I would recommend using the "akmods" option from RPMFUSION on F-12.

If you have "kernel-rtPAE" from PlanetCCRMA then you should have
"kernel-PAE-devel" , which contains the source tree.

For nvidia cards you need to find out which driver is appropriate for
your card. If i am not mistaken there are  akmod-nvidia,
akmod-nvidia-173xx, and akmod-nvidia-96xx. "akmod-nvidia" works on newer
nvidia cards.

If you have your system configured for RPMFUSION and PlanetCCRMA, most
probably, all you need to do is this:

'yum install kernel-PAE-devel'
'yum install akmod-nvidia'

and restart.

On the next reboot you will notice that 'akmod' itself starts to compile
a module for the nvidia card which most certainly will work with
PlanetCCRMA's 'kernel-rtPAE'.

I find this method a bit easier, plus there are fewer configuration
issues, since XORG detect and configuration heuristics have  been
changing on every Fedora release. The NVIDIA Binary driver is a bit
trickier because its installation is not as standard as Fedora's RPMs

  --* Juan