[PlanetCCRMA] [Rosegarden-user] ROSEGARDEN 10.02 RELEASED!

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:11:51 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> I have compiled Rosegarden 10.02 succesfully on Fedora 12.
> To succesfully run the configure script I had to do
>
> unset QTDIR
> ./configure
>
> I don't know why, but I couldn't get it working any other way.
>

> Now it is running happily and looking good !
>
> The problem I posted some time ago about fluidsynth-dssi seems to be
> solved.
>
> I only still have a problem with VST plugins that I'm using via
> the dssi-vst package.
> Can anyone reproduce (or even better: fix) the following:
>
> My VST plugins appear in the plugin manager and can be used. Good. If I
> click on the "Editor" button in a plugin dialog the original Windows VST
> GUI appears. So far so good.
>
> Then I close the GUI. After that I cannot open the VST GUI clicking on the
> Editor button: It seems I can only open and close the VST GUI once ! Not
> good !
>
> I have found some really nice free VST instrument plugins on the internet
> that actually work with dssi-vst (not all of them do) via the vsthost
> commandline app that comes with the dssi-vst-0.8 distribution. It would be
> nice to use them also in Rosegarden without problems.

Hi Martin,

I assume that you are using 64bit Fedora. I checked the new rosegarden
source. It looks like they still didn't fix the ladspa and dssi paths.
Please apply the patch we have been using in Fedora:
   http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/rosegarden4/devel/rosegarden-1.5.1-lib64.patch?view=markup
and recompile rosegarden. To my surprise the patch still applies clean.

I will get to update the Fedora package soon. There are a few issues
though. It looks like the new rosegarden installation bundles the font
files into the final binary /usr/bin/rosegarden. This is not good
practice and certainly not accepted on Fedora. I will have to split
them out.

I will let you folks know when I submit the official builds.

Orcan