[PlanetCCRMA] [Rosegarden-user] ROSEGARDEN 10.02 RELEASED!

Fri Feb 19 20:24:30 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 02:57 -0500, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> >
> >> Here are the first official rosegarden-10.02.1 builds
> >>
> >> F-11: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1998263
> >> F-12: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1998259
> >> F-13: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1998255
> >
> > I see you still call them "rosegarden4". I vaguely remember a discussion or
> > decision that the package should be called simply "rosegarden" without "4"
> > starting with the new Thorn version ? Anyone here who knows more about this
> > issue ?
> >

> I have no idea why it is called with the "4". It should have been left
> from the old days, probably before my time.

This was a long time ago. I don't remember what the issue was exactly.
Hmmm...

In my old Planet CCRMA "log" pages I have "12/19/2002 [nando]: Updated
Rosegarden to version 0.8.5-1" and before that "11/11/2002 [nando]: ...
Updated Rosegarden-4 to release 2, fixed jack port names" so most
probably I was maintaining two versions in parallel. Lost in the mist of
time.

> These packages have a "Provides: rosegarden" though.

That was (probably) added later.
-- Fernando