[PlanetCCRMA] Questions that might be able to be added to the FAQs

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Mon Feb 22 23:33:34 PST 2010

Just an aside:

I've been meaning to download the respin that was announced a week or two ago, and try that as upgrade medium.
I have no idea if it will work, but it seems that it might make upgrading from fedora-11 less work?
I first saw it announced on linux weekly news --- http://lwn.net/Articles/373848/
That's all I know, haven't had the time to try it.

> > I have done both. If you do an upgrade you can either use preupgrade or
> > upgrade from a dvd.

Also, when you do an upgrade from 11 to 12 via the stock fedora12 DVD, be sure to let it know that you want to use the upgrade repos on the net at the same that it's using the DVD.  That way it sets up a relatively fresh install with most of the updates getting downloaded and installed during the upgrade process.

Tracey.