[PlanetCCRMA] [Rosegarden-user] ROSEGARDEN 10.02 RELEASED!

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:53:20 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Niels Mayer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Could you post the output of
>> ldd -r /usr/bin/rosegarden

[cut]
> undefined symbol: _ZN8QMapData10createDataEi (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN11QVectorData10reallocateEPS_iii (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN8QMapData11node_createEPPNS_4NodeEii
> (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol:
> _ZNK16QAbstractSpinBox16inputMethodQueryEN2Qt16InputMethodQueryE
> (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData7detach3Ev (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN9QHashData12allocateNodeEi (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN9QHashData11free_helperEPFvPNS_4NodeEE
> (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN9QHashData14detach_helper2EPFvPNS_4NodeEPvEPFvS1_Eii
> (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN11QVectorData4freeEPS_i (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData7append2ERKS_ (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _Z9qBadAllocv (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN8QVariantC1EiPKvj (/usr/bin/rosegarden)
> undefined symbol: _ZN11QVectorData8allocateEii (/usr/bin/rosegarden)

It seems like it is a Qt issue. rosegarden is built against the new Qt
which is not backwards compatible with your Qt version.
The new Qt (qt-4.6.something) is in updates-testing repo right now.
This means that I shouldn't push rosegarden to stable before the new
Qt is pushed to stable.

On your side, you can grab Qt (and his friends)  from koji or
updates-testing too. Or just enable the kde-redhat testing's repo
(which contains the same Qt/KDE RPM's Fedora's updates-testing does).
Or you can just wait until the new Qt is pushed to stable.

Orcan