[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 12, real-time kernel and Nvidia :, yes we can

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Sat Jan 23 06:45:58 PST 2010

Roger wrote:

> Matt,
>     Thanks a million! Just for the record, in case others go down this
> path, I had to

I'm glad you got it all working.

It takes a bit to get it all together at first, but it pays off later because it will automatically compile and load the nvidia drivers for a new kernel.
It builds and installs a rpm package of the driver that can then be easily removed when needed.

I've been leaving "akmods" and "nvidia" start on boot(in services, runlevel, whatever you use) and have been quite happy with the way it works.

BTW, the newest "yumex" on fedora 11 and 12 seems to have been upgraded.  It looks nice and seems to work ok.
I find it to be an easy way to sort through and upgrade, install, and delete packages.
I still use "yum update" as root to check and do updates, but yumex can be much more flexible for sorting problems out.