[PlanetCCRMA] Path for sounds in supercollider-world

Peter Kirn peter at createdigitalmedia.net
Thu Jan 28 13:49:18 PST 2010

I installed supercollider-world on F12, and it's working brilliantly,
with just one issue -- I can't seem to figure out where the /sounds
path is supposed to be. So, for instance:

b = Buffer.read(s, "sounds/a11wlk01.wav");

results in:
File 'sounds/a11wlk01.wav' could not be opened.

The package seems to have installed the shared directory here:
~/share/SuperCollider/
I.e., that's where there's what appears to be an active synthdefs directory.

I tried locating my files at ~/sc/sounds (which the package also
seemed to install), ~/supercollider/sounds (as in the notes on Planet
CCRMA), and ~/share/SuperCollider/sounds, all to no avail. (Naturally,
I tried substituting my file for this default file.)

I thought /usr/share/Supercollider was actually where this stuff
lived, but there's nothing there.

So... where should this path be?

Peter